Where I've Been

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

'Tis the season

It’s quite funny how time sneaks up on you and boom, it’s another Christmas, another birthday, another summer and another winter. Before you know it another year is up before you knew you finished this one. It’s come to the point with my self that I realize that I have choices to make and plans for the future to form. I’ve known this time was coming but like anyone just tried to put it off. But this doesn’t mean that I will be slowing down and getting a real job, a career for the future. It just means that I am planning for the time to come when life hits me over the head and says hey I think I’m ready.




Cycling, I think, will always be a big part of my life but there will come a time where I’m too beat up or old or both to keep up this training life style. I have been seeing some career planers lately just to get an idea where to take me life and to continuo my education. I’m not sure what I want to do once cycling is done, I’ve toss ideas around and every single idea has the same fact I have found, it that I want to be creative. Photography is what I have always been interested in – it has always been the one constant thing in my life that I have had a passion for. When I was a kid I always wanted to have different jobs such as a vet, a designer, sport therapist. But while my ideas changed and my sports that I was into differed from year to year, my love of pictures always stayed. I have a very good idea of the type of photography that I love to do, it’s very natural, I don’t want to start sounding like a hippie here, but its very earth based, natural lighting. Here’s a better way of putting it, clean and simple.



Well enough about that, Christmas is coming! What do you want for Christmas? Better yet, where has the time gone? I remember last years Christmas very well, it only seems like it has been a few months not a year! We are just staying around home for Christmas, no big family get together like the old days of Christmas in Cupar where we would pile 30 people or more in to G-ma’s and G-pa’s house. Back then, it was loud with crazy card games that lasted way, way too long, and a ton of food… oh and jam jam cookies by the gallon. There were no cookies left for Santa, we would stay up till midnight eating cookies, they were just too good to be left for a man that eats a ton of other cookies that night anyways.



I’m off to a semi-xmas party tomorrow night with the crew from Champetre Country, which I am very much looking forward to. It’s nice for a change to go to a Christmas party rather then work one. This year I hope I have the chance to have a night time horse sleigh ride because it is one of the most wonderful things to do around Christmas time. Snuggled under all the blankets, fresh air, power snow, the sound of the horses, ah it’s just perfect, not much more to say then that.



Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays



Cheers

JG

No comments:

Post a Comment