Where I've Been

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Trying to Leave

Well this is something new to write about. I was ready to fly to Tucson, all pack and set. Now the problem was to try to sleep. I don’t relish going to bed early, but I tried, it didn’t work. I had about an hour or so of sleep before I had to get up at 3:30 in the morning so that I could make my flight. I drove into the city, and the highways were extremely foggy and hard to see (this should have been my first warning sign). We are at the airport waiting in line and the line has not moved an inch in the 30 minutes that we have been waiting. They tried to move the people going to Toronto to the front of the line and get them moving, that didn't work. Why you ask, we were asking that same thing. We looked up my flight - it was cancelled! We waited another 30 minutes or so in line and finally get through and I get the craziest flight that the man could think of. Serves me right, for booking with air Canada. I am now flying as far west as possible to go south??!!?? I still don’t understand it myself. The flights were Saskatoon, Calgary, Denver and Tucson; I was OK with this. It was a bit long, but I could make do – I wasn’t too thrilled with the stop in Denver because last time I was there, they lost both my gigantic bike boxes and my bag. And I kind of needed them ASAP, because I was flying out again in a couple of days. My flight now is Saskatoon, Calgary, Vancouver, San Francisco and then Tucson.

Anyways the reason why my first flight was cancelled was because the pilot didn’t want to land in the fog. I promise that Saskatoon does not have any monsters that lurk in the fog. But then again it is Air Canada (Jazz)/ United Air… that should say it all.

So here’s what happened so far. My flight out of Saskatoon was late, surprise, surprise! While we were flying in the air, we did circles above Calgary. And when we did land there wasn’t room to dock. No big deal, I still had 15 minutes to make my flight before it took off. Calgary to Vancouver was uneventful, though we did have an Olympic athlete from Belgium on the plane. The weather in Vancouver looked nice, and things were green. Wait… this is the winter Olympics right… where's the snow??? I love Vancouver customs, the people are so personable and I don’t even have to open my bike box up xoxox. Well I still have a couple of hours to burn in the airport and I have nothing else to talk about. Once I get to Tucson there maybe some more news.

Miss you Saskatchewan… See you in the spring

Cheers
JG

No comments:

Post a Comment