Where I've Been

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Belgium

BELGIUM




Belgium is a neat place to see, the culture that they have gives a small town feel. While I was there I stay in a town call Tielt-Winge and it was a super small town. But here is the interesting place Eddie Mechrx was born not too far from the house we were in only about a 1km or so away.




Everyone rides cruiser bikes in Belgium, the older and more rust on the bike and the flatter the tires the cool the bike is. If doesn’t matter if you are 10 or 80 years old, everyone has one. At the house they had a couple of old cruiser bikes that we would ride to go to the eurospar, with is the local grocery shop. I loved ring those bikes, it make me feel pretty European and I couldn’t wipe the stupid grin of my face.



We didn’t do much in Belgium and we were bored lots are live was kind of a ride, eat, internet, sleep routine. One of the days we went to Leuven to the square. It was a beautiful place to go and see with huge big castle churches and coffee shops on every corner. That day we were in search of vegan food for one of the girls. Being vegan in Belgium quite tricky, being vegan in France while “camping” worst. I could never be vegan just because there are too many good kinds of food that I enjoy eating way too much.

Cheers
JG

No comments:

Post a Comment