Where I've Been

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

France

FRANCE




We were in France only 5 days for the race Tour feminine de limousine. This race didn’t go so well for me thus no race report on my blog. Here the deal, the food there wasn’t great; the French really aren’t naturally that great of cooks. So I got sick from either the water that I was drinking or the food. I did the first stage thinking at the start that I not feeling good was just nerves. Boy was I wrong. I was in some major pain and it was from my stomach. I’m on this big loop that’s only about 80km long. I can’t quit simple because the fact where the hell would I go? I’m in the wild countryside of France and the finish is 80km away and that’s where the Canadian team is. I had to choice but to finished.



Feeling no better the next day I raced the time trial. I hadn’t eaten well the day before and was pretty much cracked from the long road race so my legs had nothing in them on this day. I was climbing hills in my easiest gear still barely making up them… they were not hard hills either, people could big ring them but I was just so done.



We didn’t get to look around at all while we were there so I think I kind of missed the true beauty of france.

Cheers
JG

No comments:

Post a Comment