Where I've Been

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Nationals are done

Nationals are now done and all is left is the crit tomorrow which is not a national event. Which is my significant opinion is too bad because some of my best races this year have been in crits. But that’s the way it goes and I will just have to face (over time of course) to that’s the fact. Truthfully I really don’t care that it’s not a national event I try to look at each race as an important race. A race is a race whether it be a local provincial race or a world cup – they only differences would be the goals that would be se for that race.

Well I am the Canadian National Time Trail Junior Champ again, but this time it was by default with isn’t quite as nice as winning it a 100%. Personally I would have like to come in second knowing that I did my best and that the better girl won that day, doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t have like to beat the girl. But here’s the thing rules are rules – a person that is not a Canadian citizenship cannot win a Canadian championship.

I gave the TT my best shot, I had not had a good TT all year and it really turned out well in the end. I was really hurting up the hill in the course. I hate to admit that up the second hill I was hurting more then I should have been – seriously I was in my granny gear, I had no more gears on a junior geared bike. Oh and it wasn’t a steep hill maybe 6% maybe a bit more.



The road race… ya… we will leave it at that…. Grrrr.




Cheers
JG




Oh and the bubbly its not real... apple juice, too bad

No comments:

Post a Comment